Are you ready to take training to a new level? Upon completing our Obedience Training: Level 1
program, you can take it one step further by challenging your dog in Obedience Training: Level 2.
Obedience Training: Level 2 is a 10-week, second-level, obedience training curriculum that works towards complete off-leash control and challenges your dog to respond to you under heightened circumstances. The successful completion of BEGINNER OBEDIENCE
is required, as the training is an extension of previously taught commands and techniques. The program adds greater distance and time intervals; extends the use of hand signals and voice cues; and incorporates challenging exercises that will allow you to work towards complete, off-leash control of your dog.
Dogs need to do more than just respond to commands given in a quiet room or on a neighbourhood street with minimal distractions. They need to be trained to become reliable enough to respond to commands given under heightened situations; such as in a crowded room, on a busy street, at an off-leash dog park, etc. This is why in this program we place great emphasis on "distraction proofing" your dog.
Our interactive, group classes take place outdoors, at different weekly locations. Training is done on busy streets, trails, plazas, parks, etc. There will also be several field trips arranged to places, such as Harbourfront (Toronto), Ferry Lake (Newmarket), Unionville, etc. This exposes the dog to ample amounts of mental and physical stimulation in the form of noise, scent, and visual distractions, within dynamic environments. The classes allow you to train your dog amongst other dogs and handlers, while ignoring outside distractions. Class sizes are small, between 4 and 5 dogs, to ensure a productive learning environment with plenty of personalized attention. The classes take place once a week, for 10 weeks, and are approximately 1 hour in length.
You will learn the following commands and techniques:|
- The FINISH to heel routine
- LEFT-ABOUT, RIGHT-ABOUT, and new IN-ABOUT turns
- An extension of the OUT command
- Exclusive HAND SIGNALS and/or VOICE COMMANDS for SIT, STAND, DOWN
(from both front and side of the dog)
- SIT, STAND, DOWN commands, while IN-MOTION
- DOGGY PUSH-UPS, (SIT from the DOWN position, and vice versa)
- FOOD REFUSAL - STAYS at 10 meters distance for 1 minute
- OUT-OF-SIGHT STAY commands for SIT, STAND and DOWN
(with increased time and distance)
- An extension of FOOT SIGNALS for the STAY command
- STAYS - SIT, DOWN, STAND - off lead at 10 metres distance for 1-3 minutes
- RECALL - off lead at up to 10 metres distance
- RECALL - Long distance at 30 metres distance
- REALITY RECALLS with distractions
- SIT, STAY, and DROP commands while ON-RECALL
- OUT-OF-SIGHT RECALLS
- HIDE-and-SEEK RECALLS
|Note: Each week, we will review what you've learned in the previous weeks.|
All prices include taxes.
Back to Services
- 10-week Group Classes: $450
- 10-week Private Lessons: $850